Welcome, perhaps you would like to know a little about me?
I’ve been many things in several industries during my career, some examples starting way back, would be:
- General Machinist.
- Private & Post Secondary Educator for CADD; spanning the architectural, civil and mechanical disciplines with numerous software packages.
- Managing Application Engineer in aerospace, supporting design/drafting, analysis and IT/network deployments and functions.
- Documentation Engineer; to include white papers, technical writing, curriculum development, standards & best practices.
- Engineering software designer with 2 UI patents.
- Training Engineer; teaching a broad spectrum of engineering applications to industry professionals that include CADD, Polymesh Modeling, Photo-Realistic Rendering, Digital Inspection, Optical 3D Scanning, Additive Manufacturing (several types) and multi-media software.
- Strategic Applications Specialist; performing Fortune 1000 company business needs analysis, consulting, presentations and keynote speaker.
There have been several segues to that list that have exposed me to many other “mini-career” paths, from virtual reality to gaming to mechanical design optimization. Whilst my degree is in Mechanical Engineering; my duties have spanned from software implementations for large user communities to engaging government programs to service bureau work with engineering data.
I decided to put this website together somewhat as a sanity check, a way to provide information to others and as a memory placeholder for many things I would like to remember myself.
Feel free to leave feedback or ask a question on just about any engineering topic listed in this page or on the site and I will address it within a reasonable amount of time.
I thank you for your time reading this, enjoy your day!